Thursday, 26 January 2017

A chilly week at WESC

This week we completed a couple of propagating tasks inside out of the cold.

Following on from last week, while lifting and dividing a hardy Geranium (Geranium macrorrhizum) we took the opportunity to take some fibrous root cuttings. 

We lifted a large Aloe Vera plant and divided the baby plants from the base of the parent plant (making sure that they all had a few good roots), and potted them on in a well-drained gritty compost. We were able to get 10 healthy plants from one plant.

Also, we started off some Dahlia tubers (Dahlia Bishop of Llandaff) that we had lifted and overwintered indoors. Dividing them and planting them in trays, just under the soil, eyes facing up and put them in a heated seed tray in the conservatory to try and encourage them.

No comments:

Post a Comment